Who we are
Located in the Southeast end of Cambridge. Cornerstone Community Church is nestled into a newer neighbourhood with two schools nearby.
At Cornerstone, it is our desire to create an environment where people feel welcomed, loved, cared for and a part of a family. We do our best to treat each other like family. We place an emphasis on connection with God and one another. We are committed to doing our best to communicate God’s Word in a way that makes sense without losing its intended meaning.
People have described Cornerstone as genuine, welcoming, loving, caring, generous, and kind. Like any family, we are not perfect. We do not always agree on everything, but we DO AGREE that we are better together.
If you are looking for a place to call home, we invite you to come check out our service on-site. Every Sunday at 11:00am.
What do we believe?
An Abbreviated Doctrinal Statement
- The Bible is God's flawless Word.
- The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are co-equal and co-eternal.
- Jesus Christ is God in the flesh and our only Saviour.
- Everyone has sinned and needs to be forgiven.
- God loves all people as demonstrate through Jesus Christ.
- Christ died for our sins and rose again to save us.
- Salvation is a gift of God by grace alone through faith.
- Christians are responsible to love God and to love people.
*We are affiliated with the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada. Please visit the PAOC website to see our full "Statement of Fundamental and Essential Truths"
Where we came from
Pentecost Sunday May 1988 marked a new beginning in the city of Cambridge. Cornerstone Pentecostal was launched from Calvary Pentecostal Assembly under the leadership of Pastor Milt Place. Under Pastor Milt’s leadership Cornerstone became known as a church that was full of love.
For the next 12 years Cornerstone rented space from Maranatha Christian Reformed Church for their Sunday services and mid-week ministries. Pastor Todd Manual provided capable leadership and served Cornerstone from June 1991 to June 1995.
(To continue reading, click the button below)